Lymph Node and abcess

I recently had an abcess on my rectum. After taking pencillin most of the swelling and pain went away. However, I can feel a slight lump to the touch of the skin but nothing uncomfortable. Are there lymph nodes located in the rectum and would this be considered a swollen lymph node. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

No, this is not a lymph node. It may be scar tissue, a cyst or a partially treated abscess that may require drainage to fully resolve. I'd suggest that you discuss this with your doctor on your next visit, but if it becomes painful, red, hot or you develop other symptoms suggestive of an infection that you call him/her right away for an evaluation. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Night Sweats: One Resolution That Worked
Big Boobs