|WHAT TYPE OF HERPES COULD I HAVE?
Dec 12, 2000
I am an aids patience because i caught a pcp and my cd-4 was as low as 6. Now i have a cd-4 count of 420 and the VL.is undetectable.I'm also positive to Herpes but i dont Know what type it is.I usually get blisters on my penis and my Dr.Gives me zovirax 200mg 4 times a day.But what i would like to know. What type of herpes is it i got? I would apreciate any answer you could give me.
Thank You Very Much
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Your genital herpes can be herpes simplex type 1 or 2, most likely 2. If you're having frequent outbreaks, the use of continuous, prophylactic acyclovir can help. You should discuss this with your doctor. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.