any meds to temporarally help fat loss in face?

i am still very unhappy bout changes in appearance due to the hiv meds. was on a combo that included d4t when the fat loss in face started. i am now on sustiva,epiver,ziagen,and the fat loss continues. i am very healthy now have undetectable viral load and i assume since i am on interlukin 2 (paying cash,dont ask) that my t-cells are on the rise from the 250 range.i realize many have the fascial wasting situation.my question... any ideas on something we could use to cause a little swelling in face to make us look a little better say for special events when we want to look normal? you know like when you get stung by a bee and it makes the tissue swell... my quality of life and my will to go on is shrinking. it looks like we are gonna have to deal with these fat loss effects for a long time,i wish we could get something to help temporarally.. of course i know about the collegan and fascian injections and so on,but they only gave me a few months here and there of looking even worse!!! i know this is not a good idea but i did hear of someone online who was using sterile water,injecting it in face whenever he needed to look human again...anyway thanks for this website it is a blessing,and yes i know i should be thankful for my life but someday.......

Response from Dr. Boyle

Unfortunately, the treatment options for this problem are limited and unproven. Discontinuing any potentially offending medication and facial implants are about the only options, but trying carnitine, riboflavin and other agents for mitochondrial dysfunction might help. Also, some of my patients have noticed some improvement in their facial wasting with megace, although it has also increased fat accumulation in other parts of their bodies as well. The therapy you have proposed is unlikely to work and may have serious, long-term adverse consequences. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Lymph Node Swelling in Groin Area
AIDS and Diabetes Strange Behavior