|neuropathy and hyroxyurea
Dec 26, 2000
i have read on thebody website that hyrdoxyurea alone can cause peripheral neuropathy but cannot find any references here or on medline. please give me more information regarding this new clinical finding.
| Response from Dr. Henry
In the setting of HIV infection hydroxyurea is only used with meds (ddI and D4T) that are already linked to neuropathy. It is likely that the rates of neuropathy are increased when either or both of those drugs are used with hydroxyurea. It is very unusual to experience neuropathy due to hydroxyurea alone. KH
Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
- How Long Until Std Test Results Come Back?
- Both Partners Have Mouth Ulcers Hiv Risk
- Can Kaposi's Sarcoma Be The First Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.