Response to:Natural remedies to offset insomnia caused by Combivir and Sustiva

I was one this combination for over a year. I had very good virological success with. However, I also experienced the "getting to sleep" problem this person had.

I tried taking the Sustiva in the morning and just could not function at work though I did sleep better.

The answer for me was to take 2 Sustiva in the evening (NOT immediately before bed but rather at about 8pm) and then 1 in the morning. It worked beautifully. I even gave up the Ambien at that point. I did this on the advice of my MD.

Perhaps you could comment on this or post it the person who is "sleepless".

Persistent sleep problems with Sustiva are a problem for a small minority of persons. Many remedies -- prescription and otherwise -- help. What worked for you is noteworthy. Thanks for the tip/idea. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

Severe Belching
neuropathy and hyroxyurea