Your Answer Brings Me To Another Question

Hi Dr

Thank you for answering my question titled (Tuberculosis?)answered on December,26,2000.Now That i know that the skin test on tuberculosis will always be pos.Will this ever affect me? if i was ever to apply for a health certificate for a job or anything else.since i know that is one of the test they do for the health certificate.I also would like to ask another question. Im AIDS+ since my cd-4 drop to 20 ive had pcp and im positive to herpes.Does this also affect me for a health certificate? My cd-4 is 420 now and VL.undetected.Again thanks For the last reply.and hope you could help me with this one.

Thank You Very Much.

JR

A positive skin test for TB shouldn't be a problem for you; provided that you received prophylactic treatment for TB (this is the one or two antibiotic treatment).

As for health certificates, an AIDS diagnosis should not affect this; more importantly is the status of your health, with a CD4 count in the 400's and undetectable viral load, I would expect that your health status is very good if not excellent.

-BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Serious Symptoms?
Nasal Drainage