Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your Answer Brings Me To Another Question
Jan 2, 2001

Hi Dr

Thank you for answering my question titled (Tuberculosis?)answered on December,26,2000.Now That i know that the skin test on tuberculosis will always be pos.Will this ever affect me? if i was ever to apply for a health certificate for a job or anything else.since i know that is one of the test they do for the health certificate.I also would like to ask another question. Im AIDS+ since my cd-4 drop to 20 ive had pcp and im positive to herpes.Does this also affect me for a health certificate? My cd-4 is 420 now and VL.undetected.Again thanks For the last reply.and hope you could help me with this one.

Thank You Very Much.

JR

Response from Dr. Young

A positive skin test for TB shouldn't be a problem for you; provided that you received prophylactic treatment for TB (this is the one or two antibiotic treatment).

As for health certificates, an AIDS diagnosis should not affect this; more importantly is the status of your health, with a CD4 count in the 400's and undetectable viral load, I would expect that your health status is very good if not excellent.

-BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Previous
Serious Symptoms?
Next
Nasal Drainage

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.