never-ending nausea

It's been a tough year. Three hospitalizations, g-tube, and now TPN the last 3 months. The year of diarrhea, esophagitis candida, and herpes simples in the through is now made worse with on-going nausea and vomiting. He has not eaten anything orally in a month. T-cell count is still well under 100 but up from 6 and viral load is significantly down from 500,000. But the vomiting and nausea are seriously impacting any quality of life. Have had all tests, endoscopies x2, has a hiatal hernia, compazine, enapsine, ativan, k-trel, reglan, and on and on. Just started acupuncture and am trying to find other alternatives he can try. I know he is close to giving up, but I want to make sure we have tried every feasible alternative. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Response from Dr. Boyle

It sounds like a thorough workup has been performed and that everything has been tried. Other suggestions would be a brain MRI (looking for a central cause of nausea/vomiting), an abdominal CT/MRI and a trial of increased doses of anti-emetics. As a last resort, consider changing the medications, as this is a common cause of nausea and vomiting. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Symptomatic?
An answer please I am very scared