Strange Pain lower back/groin area

Hi, I have developed this strange pain in my lower back and groin area on the left side. I have no pain when I am standing or lying down or walking. But when I sit the pain kicks in also when i bend over. I have a pain in my groin area when i push real hard. It feels like the pain when i push touches my bladder. i can feel a sensation when i push. Also when i urinate and finish i dribble a lot afterwards. All my blood counts are ok tcells high and viral load undec. for over 4 years now. I am on Sustiva and combivar. Can i be having any side effects from meds. I read about something about bone loss with pain in the hip area. Also i have pain in my left arm elbow area. It's hard to pick things up. I'm only 37 and been hiv for 6 years now.

I thought i might have prostate or pancreas problem. Bowels are ok. I don't have anal sex for prostate problems but i do ride the bus alot and thought about all the sitting and bouncing around. The pain at times is so bad that i have to take pain meds. At times i can't hardly get up from sitting. But once i'm up i can do anything, lift heavy objects and stay active all day no problem. This has been going on for 3 weeks now and getting worse. What about lymphoma cancer. Any help would be nice thanks San Antonio Texas

A good physical exam (including a neurologic exam) would be a good starting place. You may want to check to see what the post-voiding residual is (how much urine remains in the bladder after you attempt to completely urinate). Plain bone films of your pelvis and lumbar-sacral spine/hips might be a starting point for evaluation after the exam. Depending on the findings, then a CT or MRI scan of the involved areas and possibly a DEXA scan for bone density might be indicated. I would check urine tests and have a prostate exam as well. Hope that helps some. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

sustiva side effects
Olympic Level Belching