neck+groin pains JB

I recently tested poz, and I have yet to start treatment. However, i have developed muscular pains in the back of my neck, and pains around the base of my penis extending into my inner thighs. I don't think that these are due to swollen glands, as I can't feel them, and the pains in my neck go when I am lying down, or sat comfortably. I live a long distance from my doc, and it's difficult to travel to see him, and I am going three weeks from now, to start meds. Do you think that these could be due to the HIV, of another infection which i should get treated now?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

I think it is possible that your symptoms could be related to your HIV infection, and it will be interesting to see if they improve as you begin antiretroviral treatment. I would definitely review them with your health care provider at your next visit.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

Sweating while eating JB
post nasal drip JB