HIV/AIDS Symptoms ?

What are symptoms of HIV/AIDS? I just lost my only brother who lived in Europe, and might have been heterosexual active. My family have told me some changes my brother was exhibiting, but are not sure if it was HIV indicators. Please explain to us what are the common symptoms of HIV infected person.

I would appreciate if you refer me to web sight related to symptoms of HIV/AIDS.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The symptoms of HIV/AIDS can include weight loss, fatigue, diarrhea, headaches, night sweats and many other non-specific problems. If you are worried, I would strongly recommend getting HIV tested to know for sure. It is very important to make a diagnosis even before symptoms begin. So, getting tested is the answer to know for sure.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

Persistent neuropathy
HIV - Anal Warts - Healing After Surgery