AVS Help - JB

Thank you for your time. I recently had possible exposure by performing orally on a female sex worker for a max time of about 1 - 2 minutes. About eleven days after that, I had a weird feeling under both armpits that lasted about six or seven days. I also had a red rash on my right hand that has come and gone during the same time frame. These are the only possible AVS symptoms I have experienced since possible exposure. I have read a lot of information on the site about man to man oral transmission but woman to man is scarce to come by. What are the risks of a woman transmitting to a man through oral performed on the woman?

It has been 26 days since possible exposure, should I get tested or just wait for the 3 months to get here?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The risk of transmission from a woman to a man who has performed oral sex on her is low. There is one reported case that I am aware of, but it is not common. Have you been HIV tested immediately following the exposure? If not, I would suggest getting tested immediately so that it can serve as a baseline, and then follow-up out to 6 months.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

FLU SHOT - JB
Sustiva Side Effects Much Worse Than Advertised