Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lymph node glands - BY
Jan 11, 2001

I have had lymph nodes removed from my groin and neck on my left side about two years ago. I was wondering why since the lymph node is removed and gone why is it starting to swell and I have a series of lumps in the existing place around my groin. Plus I was wondering since my surgery am I supposed to have pains sharp shooting pains from my knee to my hip its like a numb feeling and if I touch it a very sharp pain.

JUST WONDERING

MIKE

Response from Dr. Young

Lymph nodes exist in a series (in chains), and the removal of one doesnt mean that others can't swell at a later time. Indeed, occasionally, after the removal of one, the nodes upstream may swell.

Pains that radiate from the hip to the knee may be significant for either low back or hip injury. I'd suggest that you let your doctor know of these symptoms. -BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Previous
Nausea
Next
Observations?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.