lymph node glands - BY

I have had lymph nodes removed from my groin and neck on my left side about two years ago. I was wondering why since the lymph node is removed and gone why is it starting to swell and I have a series of lumps in the existing place around my groin. Plus I was wondering since my surgery am I supposed to have pains sharp shooting pains from my knee to my hip its like a numb feeling and if I touch it a very sharp pain.

JUST WONDERING

MIKE

Lymph nodes exist in a series (in chains), and the removal of one doesnt mean that others can't swell at a later time. Indeed, occasionally, after the removal of one, the nodes upstream may swell.

Pains that radiate from the hip to the knee may be significant for either low back or hip injury. I'd suggest that you let your doctor know of these symptoms. -BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Nausea
Observations?