Jan 12, 2001
1- Found a Cornell U. website and thought since that is your background I would ask if you do not mind- It stated that a 3 month window period for hiv antibody detection is 99.9% accurate.
2-What is lythrodysphy -is it something that ANYONE can get or related to hiv medications regime?
Response from Dr. Boyle
The information contained on the site is correct. Lipodystrophy can occur in HIV-infected patients even if they have not been on antiretrovirals, but antiretrovirals may increase the tendency and perhaps the severity of that condition. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
skin blotches around the eyes
Citalopram (Celexa) a problem with HAART
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.