Jan 12, 2001
1- Found a Cornell U. website and thought since that is your background I would ask if you do not mind- It stated that a 3 month window period for hiv antibody detection is 99.9% accurate.
2-What is lythrodysphy -is it something that ANYONE can get or related to hiv medications regime?
Response from Dr. Boyle
The information contained on the site is correct. Lipodystrophy can occur in HIV-infected patients even if they have not been on antiretrovirals, but antiretrovirals may increase the tendency and perhaps the severity of that condition. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
skin blotches around the eyes
Citalopram (Celexa) a problem with HAART
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In Males
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.