Jan 12, 2001
Is there any difference between weight loss and wasting??
Can you describe??
Response from Dr. Boyle
Wasting is a severe, uncontrolled weight loss with loss of more lean body mass than fat. This may occur despite adequate nutritional intake. This can also occur with weight loss, but the goal of controlled weight loss is to decrease fat while maintaining lean body mass. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
How long infected?
skin blotches around the eyes
- How Can I Get Tested To See If I Am Immune To Hiv?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Why Does Sex Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.