Jan 12, 2001
Is there any difference between weight loss and wasting??
Can you describe??
Response from Dr. Boyle
Wasting is a severe, uncontrolled weight loss with loss of more lean body mass than fat. This may occur despite adequate nutritional intake. This can also occur with weight loss, but the goal of controlled weight loss is to decrease fat while maintaining lean body mass. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
How long infected?
skin blotches around the eyes
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Signs And Symptoms Of Being Sick
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- CAN ARS START AT 11 WEEKS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.