side effects of ddc - shortness of breath and dizziness

I have just begun treatment with kaletra, zerit and hivid. I seem to be tolerating the side effects from the kaletra and zerit very well but not the hivid. The particular concern I have is the dizziness, shortness of breath and perspiring that comes on within 1/2 after taking the medication. Is it possible to continue to take this medication at a lower dosage? I am currently taking .75 milligrams 2 times a day. Will these side effects get less sever as time goes on?

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is possible that the symptoms you are mentioning are related to your antiretroviral therapy, but I doubt that it is the Hivid that is responsible. The dose of Hivid you are taking is lower than recommended, and I do not suggest that you decrease the dose. You should call your doctor and discuss the symptoms you are experiencing so that he can evaluate you and decide on appropriate changes to your antiretroviral regimen. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

severe back and body pain
Help! I've developed diabetes