A side effect of HIV or medications ? JB

Hi Dr's thanks for sharing your time helping on this great website .

I have been on the same medications for over a year and a half zerit , epivir and sustiva with a stable tcell count at 650+ a high percent and an undetectable viral load ( a couple of blips ) on the most sensitive tests . Four month ago I was tired most of the time . It turned out to be a symptom of a slow thyroid and the Dr sent me to an endocrinologist who put me on levoxyl 75MCG . Over the past month I have developed deep cyst like acne on my face and chest . The acne won't respond to anything over the counter . Is this a side effect of the HIV itself or any of my medications and can you recommend a treatment ? Thanks for your input . Chris

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Chris, I have seen a number of patients recently who have developed similar problems. I don't know whether it is a function of immunologic reconstitution or not. However, there is good treatment and I would strongly recommend reporting these symptoms to your health care provider. Ask to see a dermatologist if necessary.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

Am I Infected? symptoms
sed rate JB