Jan 22, 2001
How big do the lymph nodes get when they are swollen? Is it normal to feel small (eraser size) nodes in your neck?
Response from Dr. Bartlett
Swollen lymph nodes are very common in persons with HIV infection. They may be relatively small, (ie 1/2 centimeter), or become considerably larger, (4-5 centimeters). Any lymph nodes which are changing quickly should be checked by your health care provider, but normally swollen nodes are not a cause for concern.
John A. Bartlett, M.D.
what is the standard for HAART,confused.
Am I Infected? symptoms
- Thrush And Severe Throat Pain
- How Long After Sex Can I Take An Hiv Test?
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- What Percent Of The World Has Herpes?
- What Does Bacterial Vaginosis Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.