mono?

How can one tell the difference between mono and hiv? (Besides a blood test) Are there any symptoms that are unique to one that would not be found in another? I have had only one high risk exposure in my life, that was 2 1/2 years ago and I have recently developed fatigue, fever, myalgias and swollen lymph nodes? I am frightened to get a blood test, because if I don't have mono then I might have HIV.

Unfortunately, at times, it can be very difficult to tell the difference between acute mononucleosis and acute HIV infection. The best way to confirm the diagnosis is through medical testing. While I can understand your reluctance to get tested, I would urge you to be tested. Only through knowing your status (positive or negative), can you receive the medical attention that you deserve and may need. Besides, I might just be mono. Good luck. -BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Worried!!! Please help... Acne like eruption all over the trunk
Please Anwer! Interesting Question.