swollen eyelids

I started taking viread and kaletra about two months ago and immeaditely noticed that my eyelids have swollen so that I now look very tired all the time when in fact I am not. I went to an opthomologist who said only that my eyes were "dry" and to use saline drops. My regular doctor told me to try hydrocortizone cream on the lids but it is not helping. Do you know of anyone else having this side effect or what might make it better? P.S. I am resistant to all other known drugs so switching meds is not an option at this point. Thanks

I haven't observed that problem in any of my patients on either of those drugs. It sounds like an allergic reaction of some sort. You may want to check what other meds (including alternative and over the counter) you are taking to see if any drug interactions exists. You might also have a allergy to something else you are exposed to (dust, cats, etc). Acular eye drops sometimes helps that situation out (ordinarily the eye doc would think of that). I would go back to the eye doc and ask them to pursue it. KH

afraid of bone disease
Some people say HIV does not cause AIDS.