LACTIC ACIDOSIS

Hi, I had my first resolt for lactic acid in my blood: 30 while maximum tolarated is 18. All opther tests are fine. I have been on nukes for 13 years. Am I in big danger of becoming ill and developing lactic acidosis? Thanking you, Luc/belgium

If you are having no symptoms and no other blood test abnormalities (such as liver enzyme elevations) you most likely just need to be monitored and watch carefully for symptoms. The lactic acidosis test is a tricky one and can be influenced by just a little exercise or small issues related to the handling of the specimen. If your HIV doc is Ok with the situation I think being careful but continuing your meds is reasonable. KH

RNA test
The