Feb 8, 2002
In a previous question, you mentioned using an RNA test after the 6 months antibody test if the person is still uncertain. Is there any reason that it's an RNA test? Will the qualitative DNA test also work?
Response from Dr. Henry
I think labs do a better job with the often used RNA test than the rarely used DNA test. KH
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- 20 Months Negative Persistent Symptoms
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.