Stomach pain, acid taste in mouth and burning feeling

Dear Dr., I have been on Norvir,Fortovase,Zerit and Viramune for about two years. Besides many other problems such as neuropathy, recently I have had horrible stomach pain which is accompanied by a burning feeling in my gut, I break out in a sweat and an acid taste in my mouth, my Dr. put me on Prilosec, which did help but it is back. It ussually comes because I didn't eat properly the night before. Food grosses me out, it takes all I have to find a food I can get down. I do drink Ensure Plus which I love and does help, but what else should I do and is there anything I should be very concerned about? Your attention to this question is greatly appreciated.

Lots of details are not provided to help sort that out. Ritonavir containing regimens often are very hard on the stomach. Whether you can switch to a different regimen depends on whether your virus is resistant to some of the other meds and whether you cannot tolerate some of the other meds. Switching to a different regimen without ritonavir on a trial basis may help. An evaluation for H pylori disease, other stomach ailments, hepatitis, pancreatitis, esophageal reflux may be warranted depending on other details. If your appetite is bad Megace or Marinol might help. A good dental evaluation may also me be helpful. KH

Lypoatrophy
bilirubin were high, need to change cocktail