Any shoes, socks, special gear to ease neuropathy?

I've been HIV+ for 10 years, and started experiencing neuropathy during the second year after taking DDI and D4T. After a couple of years, I tried neurontin and elavil to relieve the constant pain from the neuropathy. Since neither worked, I stopped taking medication and tried to put the pain out of my mind, This worked for several years until 9 months ago, when the pain increased considerably. My doctor suggested that I take oxycontin. A low dose worked for a short while, but now I take240 mg daily and still have periods where the pain breaks out. In addition, the side effects (constipation of both the bowels and the bladder; phantom itching are bothersome, to say the least. Anything on the horizon? Any shoes or sandles that cradle the foot better? Any foot powders or creams that someone can suggest to ease the pain? Thanks! FlatFootFloozy in """""Big D

If you haven't tried yet I would go see a pain specialist to help design an individualized approach to your major problem. The success rates for a motivated patient are good when managed by a good pain specialist who may employ alternative treatments, behavior modification, standard drugs, acupuncture, etc. KH

Elevated Cholesterol and Triglycerides
facial treatment