Invirase - Fortovase switch

Dr. Currier,

I have been on a regimen of Invirase, Epivir, Zerit, and Norvir for about four months now and have a viral load <100. My doctor recently switched me from Invirase to Fortovase (about 2 weeks ago), and I have experienced a dramatic increase in nausea (almost daily). I did not experience this with Invirase, and in fact the only side effect I have experienced in the past is diarrhea. Do you believe that this is just a temporary side effect that will decrease in time? Thanks!!

Response from Dr. Currier

I think it is possible that the nausea is temporary and I would try to hang in there a little longer. The suggested dose of fortovase with ritonavir( Norvir) is 400 mg (2 pills) twice a day. I have heard this same thing from other people who have made the switch.

-JC

CRIX/d4t/3tc schedule& CURE?
Removal of