|Urgently require your answer - JB
Oct 16, 2000
Can you please tell me what you know about Canary Pox as my girlfriend must make a decision about going on this trial. It is a kind of vaccine which I understand has been tried in the States. Your earliest answer will be appreciated as she must reply by monday. Many thanks
| Response from Dr. Bartlett
Canary pox viruses are being evaluated in the development of HIV vaccines. They can be used to carry HIV genes which make individual HIV proteins to stimulate an immune response. Canary pox viruses do not cause disease in humans, and are therefore currently considered to be very safe.
John A. Bartlett, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Trouble Urinating During Seroconversion
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.