treatment for swelling glands JB

Hi, what treatment is available for the swelling glands. Especially those that are showing on my neck behind my ears. I usually have oral thrush, but it is never painful. could this be the cause? My physician suggested voltaren tablets, didn't work. I'm looking for any kind of treatment, herbal, nutritional or medical. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Probably the swelling is coming from lymph nodes in your neck. Lymph nodes are commonly swollen in persons with HIV infection, sometimes due to HIV itself and sometimes due to another cause. If the swelling is due to HIV, it can improve if your viral load is lowered. This may be a good opportunity to review your treatment with your provider and make sure that your antiretroviral treatment is optimized. If your virus is fully suppressed or is as low as you can reasonably achieve, then the situation is more challenging and a definite treatment has not been identified.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.