Scratch, scratch, scratch ...

hydox For the past four yeas I've used about 18 mg of Hydroxyzine pam to help me sleep. I decided to stop the med, which I didn't think would be any big deal other than perhaps reintroduce my sleep problems. So far, my sleeplessness is not a problem anymore, perhaps because I use Marinol regularly, something I didn't use when I began my Hydrox routine. But unfortunately, about three days after I stopped the drug, I began to experience mild itching problems, but nothing horrid. The little tingles scamper from my leg to my head and sometimes to my arms or hands. Nothing lasts more than a few minutes, and then another shows up somewhere else.

Will I eventually adjust to the absence of the Hydrox and top itching? I know it is an anti-itching med, but had no idea that after having used it for so long, deleting it from my existential lifefile would cause this problem.

Pardon me, gotta stop typing. (Scratch, scratch, scratch...)

Response from Dr. Boyle

The real question is why you are so itchy. By itself, it is unlikely that stopping the hydroxyzine should cause your severe itching. I'd suggest that you see your doctor about this. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Elevated Triglycerides and Pancreatitis
Diarrhea & Psyllium safe or not