Sore throat from abacavir
Oct 20, 2000
Is there a way to deal with the nagging sore throat which accompanies my regimen of Abacavir, Peg-Intron and PIs?
Response from Dr. Young
I'm not entirely sure which of your medications is causing your sore throat, though I usually don't associate this symptom with HIV medications. Interferon causes many symptoms, and swollen glands and achiness can certainly be part of this. The management of these symptoms is often difficult, but evening dosing of intron or making sure that you are very well hydrated seems to help. good luck. -BY
Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.