Alcohol/Shortness of breath?

I am asking this question in either a HIV or non HIV setting as I dont know if this is actually HIV related or not. For a while now I have been getting a sort of shortness of breath, not so bad I cant breath but sort of as my though my neck is squashed in or something. I have tried puffing on one of those things that people who are asmatic and stuff use to test the amount of air in there lungs or whatever and when I feel fine and when I am short of breath I can blow the same amount of air. I having been trying to work out a common cause of this happening and it seems to be alcohol. I dont make a habit of drinking loads these days although I will likely have a few drinks in any week. However if I go to an event where I am likely to drink A LOT (a wedding or something) I seem to get this shortness of breath thing for 2 weeks before I get over it (and not totally then). Can you shed any light on this?

thanks.

This forum is for persons with HIV (or their docs) to ask specific questions about the side effects of HIV treatment or symptoms related to HIV/AIDS. Your symptoms would unlikely be related to HIV infection per se. You should discuss with your primary care doc. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

CD4-CD8_Viral Load
symptoms of aids