CD4-CD8_Viral Load

My viral load has dropped to below 400-undetectable- my CD4 cells have gone up to 234 -- my CD8 have risen to 1108 -- is this high level of CD8 cells as dangerous as low levels CD4. I live in a rural area at the 10,000 ft. level and

1-1/2 days drive to the nearest regional medical center, so I won't be able to ask my doctor till I see him in two weeks. Any answers? If it's dangerous I need to contact my doctor

That high level of CD8 count is not usually considered dangerous. Given the nice improvements in your CD4 count (increase) and in your viral level (decrease) you seem to be doing OK from that perspective (hopefully you are tolerating your drugs OK). It should be safe for you to wait to discuss with your HIV doc in several weeks. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

hiv symptoms
Alcohol/Shortness of breath?