|Colonic irrigation/Coffee Enema for Purge of Bile Buildup
Nov 2, 2000
What is your take on colonic irrigation and in particular coffee enema? Does it indeed reduce bilirubin buildup and help to purge excess bile in the gut? If so how often should the procedure be done.
Response from Dr. Boyle
This is a part of the "alternative medicine" surge over the past few years; however, there is virtually no scientific data that supports this concept and I do not recommend it. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
sore muscle in 1/2 of butt
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Razor
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Skin An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.