Abdominal pain & acid reflux that won't quit - BY

A while back I asked a question with the above title. I just wanted to followup with you the ONLY method that seems to help and ask a question regarding it's effects.

I am on Sustiva, Zerit, and Epivir. I have found that the only answer to the Acid Reflux is to take BOTH my Carafate and Prilosec AT THE SAME TIME that I take the Sustiva. This significantly reduces the acid reflux and generalized abdominal pain.

Now the question. I have read in various places that taking acid reducing drugs can have an effect on the absorption of HIV meds. Do you know of any problem with reduced absorption when Prilosec, Carafate, and Sustiva (as well as Zerit and Epivir) are taken together?

Thanks for your question. I am very happy that you've found a solution to the problem. There shouldn't be any problem in taking these medications together. -BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Drugs, side effects, how to take them?
Facial wasting just starting