muscle pain

I started to have severe muscle pain recently,all muscles,I could not even move.What was that? is this HIV sweeping around my body or smth else?No meds so far. 1 month after infection.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Muscle aches and pain are relatively common in HIV, and may occur as a part of the seroconversion process. You seem to be describing a polymyositis (e.g., multiple muscles inflamed and weak) and this may occur due to HIV, the associated immune response and other factors. If this problem has not fully resolved, you should see a physician.

Also, you should discuss with your doctor the possibility of starting antiretroviral therapy or enrolling in a trial for acute sero-convertors. Good Luck. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Sustiva & Menstruation