AIDS AND MENINGITIS - JB

I AM AN AIDS PATIENT OF ABOUT 10 YEARS WITH TREATMENT ON AND OFF MOSTLY OFF. I AM TRYING TO FIND MORE INFORMATION ON AIDS RELATED MENINGITIS. I SUFFER FROM THIS DISEASE AND I AM IN A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN WHICH IS MONITERED BY MY DOCTOR CLOSELY. HOWEVER, NOONE CAN SEEM TO HELP ME ON WHAT TO DO FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS FROM THIS ILLNESS AND FATIGUE. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP ME I, WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU, CHUCK,KNOXVILLE TN.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Chuck, meningitis in a person living with AIDS can be due to different causes; sometimes it is related to HIV itself and sometimes it is due to a complication of AIDS. Do you know which kind you have? The kind of meningitis determines treatment. I am sorry to hear about your pain, and working closely with your doctor can be very important. Sometimes I ask my patients with chronic pain to see a pain specialist for help, so you may want to discuss this possibility with your health care provider.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

tingling and numbness in hand
Elevate numbers?