|Health screen after two years infection
Nov 27, 2000
Thank you very much for your works here!
I'm a 33 man and was infected in July 1998, and my lymphnodes in neck and groins have been swollen since Feb of 1999. In the my area I live, no doctors specilizing in HIV. So I have to get help from you.
I just did a health screen, which indicates something abnormal. My CT4 are 1230, CD8 is 1190. Following are some data of health screen:
1.1 White Cell differentiential count Lymphocytes is 42.2%(ref. range 15-41%), absoloute is 2.19.
2. Lipid Screen
2.1 Total cholesterol: 199 (ref. range 110-220 mg/dL)
2.2 iglycerides:355( ref. range 0-160 mg/dL)
3.1 Blood: Positive + (ref. range Negative)
3.2 Protein: +(ref. range Negative)
4. Urine Microscopy
Red blood Cells: 20-25(ref. range 0-5/HPF)
What I want to asl are :
1. do you think the abnormal testing results are caused by HIV or other opportunistic infections?
2. Based on the above testing results, do you think my situation is very serious now?
3. Do I need to take anti_HIV therapy immeadiately?
Thanks! I'm looking forward to your response!
Response from Dr. Boyle
I do not think the abnormal tests are caused by HIV and there are many other possible explanations for your elevated triglycerides and the protein/blood in your urine. High levels of proteinuria (protein in urine) can be an indicator of HIV nephropathy (kidney disease), but I doubt that that is your problem. I would have your doctor repeat these studies, including a fasting triglyceride level, and if the urine examine remains positive, that will require further evaluation. I do not think these results are an indication to start therapy, but this is an issue you shlould discuss with your doctor. BB
Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
Feet Neuropathy-Any Help?
tingling and numbness in hand
- Lorazepam For Peripheral Neuropathy
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv From Stepping On A Needle?
- How Long After Sex Can I Take An Hiv Test?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.