Antihistamines

I am currently on a combination of Effaverenz & Combivir. I am wondering if there are any problems with over the counter antihistamines? I was previously on a PI (Ritonavir & Saquinivir) and was told never to take any of them but it's not clear to me if this is true for NNRTI's as well. Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The same potential exists for drug interactions while you are on efavirenz. The prescription antihistamine without any drug interactions is Allegra- you may want to ask your health care provider for a prescription.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

Panic disorder and Sustiva
PI vs. NNRTI as First Therapy JB