Hydroxyzine PAM for sleep - problem possible?

When I read an answer to a previous question it got me to thinking. I'm on Viracept, DDI and 3tc without any problems for about three years. But I've been taking 18 mg of Hydroxyzine PAM for sleep for five years. Without it I'm up most of the night and I have tried to wean myself off the stuff for about six weeks awhile back but no luck. Is there a potential for problems with this antihistamine and my cocktail? Sure, I'm zonked in the morning for several hours, but I've been that way for more than 12 years - my diagnosis is 10 years.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Viracept should not be co-administered with the antihistamines astemizole and terfenadine, but there is no contraindication for hydroxyzine. Further, since you have been on these drugs concomitantly for 3 years, I doubt that there is anything to worry about and if you have further concerns, you should discuss them with your doctor. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

HIV /AIDS , PCP and Diabetes
hair loss