HIV /AIDS , PCP and Diabetes

I Had PCP 3 times in a row only months apart from july 96-jan.97 i had a cd-4 count of 6 and was told i was AIDS+ Now my cd-4 count is 345.I know that if my cd-4 count is less then 200 is aids+ but i have gone up and my VL.is undetected what am i aids+ or Hiv+ ? I also just recently Was diagnosed with Diabetes is this related with the medication im taking? I take Crixivan ,Zerit and Epivir

For the time being once you have had PCP or a CD4 count you would be classified as having AIDS. The definition does not incorporate any factor related to response to therapy or to the viral load. Your diabetes could be related to genetic/hereditary factors but your HIV meds might contribute as well. Sometimes a switch to a different regimen (such as off Crixivan and the D4T) may result in an improvement in your diabetes and might be worth considering. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

HELP!!!!!! My toes, legs and arms are numb!!!
Hydroxyzine PAM for sleep - problem possible?