Long-term effects of Sustiva

Hi! I was diagnosed with HIV in June of 2000. In December of the same year, I started taking meds (Sustiva + Combivir). I must say that my life has not been the same ever since I started Sustiva. I had a very rough time adjusting to the medication in the first weeks. Now, the side effects are gone but I still wonder if the depression could be caused by Sustiva. My doctor says it could not be effavirenz but I really cannot see any other cause. He suggested antidepressant, which I don't want. Are you aware of any cases of long-term side effects with Sustiva (espacially with depression)?

I certainly believe that Sustiva can cause or aggravate depression. If you don't want to try one of the many good antidepressants available you might consider substituting abacavir or nevirapine for the Sustiva if that seems reasonable from the HIV perspective. KH

lipodistrophy and how to loss weight
to suplement or not ..