Jan 8, 2002
I am taking combivir (total period of one month) for PEP treatment...are there any risks involved on the long run concerning side effects (liver, bonemarrow,....) when taken during 1 month by someone being HIV-negative??? Thank you very much for feedback
Response from Dr. Boyle
There are no proven, long-term adverse effects of Combivir post-exposure prophylaxis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Std By Mouth?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.