Sweats...

Hi, I'm on Lamiduvina, Stavudina and Nelfinavir since 1999. I'be been sweating a lot since I started. Nowadays, perspiration seems to increase, mainly while I sleep. I wake up with my pillow and sheets completly wett. Is there any relationship between the meds and this side effect? What can I do? Should I check on something else? Thanks Robert, from South America

You don't provide details that may be important (such as your current and past CD4+ T-cell counts, HIV levels, prior history of any HIV related infections, any history of thyroid problems, any fever, any other meds that you are on). I have observed patients you have had that complaint in the absence of any other explanation so that we concluded that the medications were somehow inducing the fever. In those cases we looked for TB, lymphoma, other infections (including parasites), hormonal abnormalities, and reviewed what other medications the patient was taking (such as alternative medications). Despite that evaluation in some patients no explanation was found and a decision had to be made to either put up with the sweats or change/stop medications for a while. KH

Burning Sensation in Legs - Taking Trizivir
change due to neuropathy