parotids

DEar Doctor, I might persue radiation of the parotids (non-cystic). In S. Fla ,can you sugg the best of the best ,or would a trip to NY or Johns Hopkins be a better choice? I know that radiation slows saliva production. and this scares me.I'd like to see if I can use a radiation level below the threshhold that causes saliva production.Any ideas on how to proceed with this? Is the radiologist the important factor or the type of equip being used? or the type of radiation to be used? Thanks

Response from Dr. Boyle

You should seek the advice of a radiologist who has experience at using radiation therapy for treating lymphoepithelial cysts. There are many in So. Florida, so I don't think a trip north in the middle of winter is necessary. Discuss this with your doctor and have him/her make a referral to an appropriate center.

Vitamins
A year of meds and T-cells still low