wine and hiv meds
Dec 31, 2001
Hi I am currently on viramune/combivir/viread,glucophage and avandia. There has been a word going around from doctors and other authorities that a glass of red wine a day can increase health benefits inluding cholesterol. With the current meds I am on now can I have a have a glass of wine a day or even a half? thanks
Response from Dr. Henry
Yes-assuming your liver is OK and that you don't have hepatitis C-a glass of red wine should be OK with the meds you are on. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Would Gonorrhea In Your Throat Cause Swelling
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- What Does Chlamydia Feel Like?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.