Protease w/o diarrhea
Dec 29, 2001
I getter really sick of having the runs and running to have the runs. Is there a Protease that does not have diarrhea as a side effect?
Response from Dr. Henry
Most of the ritonavir boosted regimens and nelfinavir share that trait. The new BMS protease inhibitor under development rarel causes diarrhea. Fortovase (without ritonavir) doesn't cause diarrhea very often. Have you considered switching the PI to a NNRTI (such as Sustiva) or to a NRTI (such as Ziagen). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Gonorrhea?
- What Happens If Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Do Herpes On Lips Look Like?
- What Age Group Is Most Affected By Chlamydia?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.