follow-up to swollen parotids
Dec 24, 2001
Thank you for your quick answer.Do you know of any ways to shrinkl parotrids other than radiation.I've heard radiation in that area is too close to othert areas and that your salivary glands will slow and your teeth fall out.Can you tell me if this radiation dose is diff than usual? Do you know the dose? I went to an ent who wanted to use radiation but I don't want the problems I mentioned.Thank you
Response from Dr. Henry
The radiation dose is low dose and is usually associated with few if any side effects. A radiation specialist would be the best person to discuss with you. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Skin Sign Of HIV Infection
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.