Itchy rash Vs Non Irch Rash in ARS
Dec 24, 2001
One question Dr. that I hope you can answer: Can you tell us why the Rash associated with ARA doesn't Itch or have pain???. I had a low risk exposure (Oral Sex - received and performed) and I have not been tested for HIV - If you can provide a answe, It would be a great.
Response from Dr. Henry
The rash seen in primary HIV infection is presumably immunologic in origin. Different persons have different immune responses to viral infections. In some patients, the rash may itch (? IgE or mast cell triggered) and in others there may be no itching. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Good Essential Oils For Hepatitis C?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- How Many Times Should You Get A Hepatitis B Vaccine?
- Chances Of Having Hiv After Sex With An Hiv Positive Person
- How Many Straight People Have Hiv?
- When Does Leukoplakia Show Up In Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.