|Itchy rash Vs Non Irch Rash in ARS
Dec 24, 2001
One question Dr. that I hope you can answer: Can you tell us why the Rash associated with ARA doesn't Itch or have pain???. I had a low risk exposure (Oral Sex - received and performed) and I have not been tested for HIV - If you can provide a answe, It would be a great.
Response from Dr. Henry
The rash seen in primary HIV infection is presumably immunologic in origin. Different persons have different immune responses to viral infections. In some patients, the rash may itch (? IgE or mast cell triggered) and in others there may be no itching. KH
follow-up to swollen parotids
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Tingling In Hands And Feet With Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.