Oct 1, 2005
Is it possible for HIV positive mother to bear discordant twins? How do you explain this? Arocho
Response from Dr. Conway
A lot of the mother-to-child transmission of HIV can occur during delivery, by exposure of the child to infected genital secretions of the mother. It may be that both twins are not exposed in the same way, and that one becomes infected, and the other not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Inside Out
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.