Jan 8, 2003
My PN has increased in intensity over the past 1.5 years. Sometimes I even have trouble walking. I hate to changes my meds yet because they are working so well for me. I have three questions: Is PN permanent? Will my current symptoms go away if I change meds? Which meds list PN as a possible side-effect? Thanks for your help!
Response from Dr. Henry
PN has been linked mostly to the D drugs (ddI, d4T, ddc) and less often to 3TC or other Nukes or drugs in other classes. PN is sometimes reversible but not always. Depending on which drugs you are on and your treatment history, often substitutions are made if the PN is felt to be drug related (can also be due to HIV itself, vitamin deficiencies, diabetes and other medical conditions). KH
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.