|Smallpox Vaccine and HIV
Dec 17, 2002
I read on a gay related web site that hiv positive individuals should not live with people who get the smallpox vaccine. I work in a hospital in records, if the ER staff gets the vaccine would I be in danger. Viral load is undetectable and t-cells 1700
Response from Dr. Boyle
You should not be at high risk, but you should avoid any direct contact. Also, to minimize the risk, all workers should keep the site of the vaccine covered with a long shirt or band-aid.
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- HIV Risk Touching Wet Condom Then Touching Cut Penis
- How Long Can Hiv Virus Survive In Condom?
- Semen On The Toilet Seat Urethra
- Will Pep Failures Usually Be Caught Six Weeks After Exposure?
- Sudden Nausea Causes Primary Hiv Symptom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.