Please Answer!

Hi Doc,

I am extremely nervous and want your advice very much. A while ago i had received oral sex from a working girl without a condom. After that we had intercourse but i used a condom, only to find out later on that it was lambskin which i understand is not virus proof from reading your articles. This episode occured about 4 months ago, i went in for blood tests a short while ago but didn't test for hiv. But my VDRL was negative. I remember some of the experiences i had, one was a violent purplish/red rash on my inner thighs, but i don't see anything on my penis or penis shaft. It came and went away after a short while. Later i had little tingling feelings around my neck, so i was thinking if it could be lymph node swelling, i am not sure. Lastly i had two pimple like growths with a white center one on my stomach and the other on my back on top of the buttock area. I am wondering if you would suggest i get tested for Hiv or not. Please let me know, i feel extremely anxious. Also i see many little brown dots around my body that i have never seen before. Please help doc, I am anxiously awaiting your suggestion and your advice, and I am really scared. Thank you for reading this, please answer me doc, Thanks for doing a wonderful job and being there for us all

Here's the lowdown:

1) Your risk for infection with HIV from receiving oral sex is practically negligible. See http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q99072.qna.

2) Even though you used a lambskin condom, your risk for infection is still quite low. One episode of unprotected insertive vaginal sex is not likely to transmit HIV, and we can assume that the lambskin condom was better than no condom at all. However, this does not mean you are at no risk.

3) You cannot draw any conclusions about your HIV status based on your symptoms. It sounds like you are really anxious about this, and the best way to resolve some of this anxiety is to get an HIV antibody test.

RMK

Killing the Virus
To Itch, Or Not To Itch, that is the question!!